Thursday, May 3, 2012

The People Haven't Spoken - But Screw You Guys Anyway

 
Actually, when I say that the people haven't spoken, that's not precisely true.  Because...



That's never even come close to happening before.  And I always felt that you guys were a communicative bunch - felt fortunate that you guys choose to comment as often and thoughtfully as you do. So thanks for that, and keep it up - I really dig the sense of community here.

However, it would seem that there was, based on the deafening silence that greeted Josie's choices of what I should next write about, less than full-throated enthusiasm for her ideas.  JT, bless his ivory-ticklin' heart, actually stood in the firing line and said what I'm sure you're all thinking: that whatever else could be said about my options, they're better than the "short Sicilian's" (his words, not mine).

God, I'll miss him.

Anyway, I thought for a while about what to do, but before I came to any concrete decision I got this comment from Carmel:

I want to know what kind of crazy Jewish folks are. You tell me why you hate your brother, I'll tell you about the time I tried to kill one of my brothers.

Up to that point, having been released from my obligation to write about one of Josie's choices, I was going to write about something that wasn't on any list, but lookit: A lady put me to a challenge, and a lady spoke up with her preference.  And what man dares to call himself a gentleman who does not honor the simple requests of a lady, if it's within his powers to do so?

So I'm going to tell you a tale about my brother.  And it won't be the angry, bitter, vitriolic, hateful, invective-filled polemic that you might have enjoyed years ago; like every experience, time has added its perspective to things.  I'm just going to tell you who he is, what happened, and how I reacted to it. You can draw your own conclusions as to the measure of the man.  Do we have a deal?

Good.  Give me 24 hours to get it done right. I'm going to call him Anus, because he spews shit for a living.

5 comments:

  1. I don't think I would have risked that comment if I lived in the same time zone as Josie. Although I may regret it if/when I meet her in person this December in Vegas for the WPBT (if it happens).

    Speaking of which...you should come to that too, Gary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweetheart(JT not Gary): I'm coming to Vegas to slap Grump for something he did to me in December 2010. Short Sicilians do not forget.

      Delete
  2. Oh my giddy goodness, Gary please come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 50 comments, that's impressive. Of course 20% of those comments were mine, so I wonder if this would be considered patting myself on the back?

    ReplyDelete