Sunday, January 23, 2011

Casting about for a moneymaker

So I'm looking for a consistent way to use poker as a means of making money.  Not asking too much here; a couple hundy a week would suit me just fine.

A while back I tried the PokerStars Double or Nothing strategy. That worked ok at the ten dollar range but it's just not an efficient way of stockpiling money.  At the higher levels one is susceptible to collusion (proven) by which you get whipsawed to death.  I spent three months and amassed the princely sum of $300 before I decided I'd rather take a swannee off the Tobin than play one more game.  Sure, it beats getting beat, but a hundred bucks a month isn't gonna get it done.

So now I'm going to try a different tack.  This time I'm going to try 1 table 6-person five-buck SnG's.  I know two days is a small statistical sample but in five games played I won twice and placed once.  So for a $25 investment I'm at $49.50 - so I'd need to play seven or eight of those a day to make my goal of $40 a day.

The five-buck tables have the advantage of being chock-full of the stupid.  And really, they're the only ones I can consistently beat.  I know just how they play!!

So: off I go.  I will keep you all posted as to how I do.  Also, if you guys have a suggestion as to how to consistently make $40 a day playing a specific type of poker, I'm all ears.

Until next time, wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Get a HUD and get serious about playing. Multitabling, you could probably break even on Full Tilt and cover that nut in rakeback alone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Gary, if my experience today is any indication you'll do just fine.

    ReplyDelete