Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Take on the Whole Survivor Thing

First let me congratulate SmBoatDrinks and VeryJosie for making it to the final two in this glorious clusterfuck that is Survivor, Donkey Island. However I have to say that I'm a little surprised, and a little disappointed, at the reaction of the Survivor Poker community, of which I am strictly an observer, to Josie's success.

I hear a lot of grumbling about how she manipulated relationships to attain her ends. I hear how she takes basic strategy moves made by others over-personally. I hear how she's alienated the community to such an extent that it's far from certain that she has the votes to win el enchilada mas grande.

Now I'm not going to go into any specific element of strategy; for one, despite me having a reputation as one of her chief bootlicks, she hasn't really taken me deep into her counsels other than to paint a few big pictures (albeit with flashcards, charts with multi-colored lines, and an overhead projector that uses a bulb designed by NASA). For another, why would I lay bare any strategic knowledge I have before the votes are in? So bear in mind that this is more opinion than fact.

But what has Josie done besides play the game, play it well, play it aggressively, and play it with as much honor as can be contrived in a game such as this? I can guarantee you that her preparation and forethought were, to say the least, comprehensive. I believe she made no decision in haste, no decision based on personal factors like revenge or recrimination, and as far as my observations take me she has betrayed no alliance, no promise, no one.

So it seems what she's guilty of is wanting it, working for it, and bringing a certain Sicilian élan to its execution. Those with a vote in this game should remember that and cast their votes for the person who played the game best, even if it means voting for someone who defeated you at your own game.

Besides, if she wins, she promised to show me her bosom.

So until next time, please remember that there is NOTHING a man won't dare or do to see a set of titties.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Gary! Very kind of you, but I think you're confused. If I win, it's Heff, xkm, jamy, muhctim, hoy, numbono, and jordan that get to see my titties. Meh, I'm feeling magnamious and I'll throw you in too.

    Seriously, betcha can't wait till this is over so I stop talking about it. And yes I used flashcards. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn -- you are a bigger boot licker than I even I thought.

    I may have deep, dark, evil plans for her that even would astound the most insightful bloggers. Oops -- hope that doesn't keep you up at night ...

    Muhahahahahahaha ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo Lightning might be a man after all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFLLLLLLL

    3 funniest words I read today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as the bloggers keep thinking with their balls instead of their brains she's a shoo in

    ReplyDelete