Thursday, March 10, 2011

Even AQ might be a trash ace...

4:19 Started a step 3 18-person tourney, seats 1-5 get a step 4 ticket. Two seats to my right is a pro, Adam Noone. He's first button so I'm first BB. Second hand, to an unraised BB, is KJs. Even notwithstanding my discount, I fold that shit like it was a shirt.

4:20 Smoke 'em if you got 'em.  Woo hoo!

4:24 QhQd as BB. SB-1 raised to 120. I raise to 320. Fold. CC 1710.

4:26 two black queens as button. Raise to 120. Both blinds call. Bet 360 on turn, two folds. CC 1950.

4:28 J10o. Sorry Josie. Foldaroo.

4:37 QQ #3. just got blinds, damn. Restores my last round of blinds and am back up to 1965, the year they removed silver from US coinage.

4:38 Folded A8o. May not sound like such a big deal but for me that's a disciplined fold 6-up.

4:39 Ditto the QJo that I just got as BB. Before I'd jump on that shit like a dung beetle jumps on ordure. Not now. Would have had a full house and knocked two people out including the pro. Still a good move though.

4:48 blinded down to 1715. Patience is not a virtue, It's for shit. Picking up odds-defying quantities of KJ, Q10, K10s. Killing me. Just fucking killing me.

4:57 Called neighbor's all in with AQ - he had QQ but I caught the ace and it held up. CC: 3250

4:59 that guy is out. he didn't say anything but it was clear he was steamed up all to hell. He had 1010, raised to 360, got called. Flop came 3AJ and he shoves, only to be called by AJ. The two pair hold up and he's o-u-t spells out.

5:00 QKs as button. I'll try to steal. - successfully! CC 3290.

5:05 first walk of the tourney with 35s. woo hoo!

5:13 dead. A9, high blinds, steal attempt, my opponent woke up with queens. Whaddayagonnado. I played well though, except for the last hand, I think I coulda stayed away from that. Lesson learned: A9 isn't much better than A2, A4, or any other bullshit ace. Adding that to the ledger. By that I mean Heath Ledger, who is absolutely as dead as I am right now.

I am officially staying away from all bullshit aces unless my opponent is a known douchebag.

3 comments:

  1. BTW, final table bubble, two from cashing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might be? Don't you listen to Norm Chad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. only when I absolutely can't help it. Too Jewish.

    ReplyDelete