Monday, May 2, 2011

I'm talking to YOU, Habs fans...

Before I begin I want it to be known that this is NOT a confrontational post, nor is it sore winning or gloating over the rotting, flyblown corpses of the vanquished as the victors drink wine and dance. I have some actual questions and I can't get any straight answers from people in my circle, for reasons which will soon be obvious.

My question regards the Montreal Canadiens and their style of play. The impression that Bruins fans and media have regarding les bleu blanc rouge's style of play is that they are fast, nimble, agile skaters who avoid physical confrontation at all costs, and who dive and stay down to earn a penalty.

It is this last trait that my question comes from, and it's a simple one: do you agree? if you look into your soul, strip away all pretense and rooting interest, choose to remove self-applied blinders, do you see that? Do you see the diving and (to use an unkind term) dishonorable play that the rest of us see?

Or do you honestly see things otherwise? And can you back that up with facts? I'm happy to hear them with an open mind. And look, if the argument is compelling enough, I will allow myself to be convinced - although to be honest, I just don't see it happening.

And for you Francophonic Québecois: Je voudrais vous demander une question: Les tricouleur, sont-ils vraiment des plongeurs et lâches entièrement sans honneur?

Alors, jusqu'au prochain fois, rappelez-vous les Boston Bruins!!

2 comments:

  1. I saw a lot of acting in the series vs the Bruins.. including one time when a guy took an intentional dive and it lead to the Bruins scoring a goal.. Mostly it was done by like 1 guy.. I forget his name but can look up... I think for the most part the Canadians were tough and hard hitting with the exceptions mentioned.. I also saw a few nasty slashes and stuff from them..

    Of course you know I know nothing about Hockey so take my views with a grain of salt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that you still have a horse in the race.

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete