Monday, October 18, 2010

The joke that inspired my last post's title

So there's this guy, see, and he's driving through Manhattan's garment district. Up on the corner he sees a little tailor shop, looked like it'd been there forever. In the window he sees this sign:

FINK'S TAILORS


MY NAME IS FINK
WHAT DO YOU THINK
I'LL PRESS YOUR PANTS FOR NOTHING


That sign really impresses this guy, so he decides to pull in and have him press a pair of pants that was in his back seat. He walks in and hands the pants to Fink the tailor, who looks at the pants for awhile, looks up and says, "give me two hours," and turns around and goes right into the back room.

Two hours later the guy comes back to Fink's Tailors and sure enough, the pants are right there on the counter hook, pressed to a razor sharpness.

He says, "this is really nice work."

Fink says "Thanks. That'll be $8.50"

Guy says, "What do you mean? Your sign said it was free. Remember? 'My name is Fink, what do you think, I'll press your pants for nothing.'"

Fink says, "You're reading it wrong. The sign says "My name is Fink; what, do you think I'll press your pants for nothing?"

* * *

Thank you. Good night everybody. Tip your wait staff!

No comments:

Post a Comment