WHAT I WILL MISS:
- The inexorable, (relatively) inexpensive honing of my poker skills, which had finally progressed to the point where I could SEE progress and results
- The ability, if I want, to spend 45 minutes playing 2-7 lowball triple draw at a full table
- The ability, if I want, to do the above in my underwear, scratching places that most cardrooms would not permit to be scratched
- The Mookiedank, the Very Josie, the Booze Cruise, and the nascent Badugimania
- Approximately $300 that exists in my FT and PS accounts, likely to be confiscated and confusticated, macerated and masticated, axed and taxed, forfeited and bullshitted.
- The people who make up this tiny corner of the Intertubes, people whom I've never met yet towards whom I feel genuine warmth and friendship. In this respect by the way I have had more luck than any donkey-ass fishcake motherfucker has any right to deserve. No wonder it's coming to an end
WHAT I WILL NOT MISS:
- Josie. I'll still see her every Wednesday - especially if there's going to be no more online poker, our home game will be it except for the odd sojourn up to Seabrookistan
- Calling a donkey's all-in with the nut straight only to have the board come four clubs giving the hand to the donk
- Being called in a panic to diagnose what's wrong with a microphone ten minutes before a BDR appearance is scheduled to start
- A laptop on my lap for three straight hours, heating my gonads beyond the point where they serve as anything but a convenient repository for cheese
- Two words: BUBBLE BOY
- Being distracted by speculating as to whether or not an opponent with a big-titted bombshell avatar isn't in reality a dude living out a fantasy or worse yet someone who thinks that a cartoon icon with big cartoon tits is a distraction
- 20-year-old know it alls who sit at a $5 table and spew about EV and VPIP and call big bets with second pair deuce kicker and explain why MY bet was stupid
Until next time, let's hope there's a next time.