Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ce nuit au très Josie

(Tonight at the Very Josie)

I have a goal for tonight. To maintain competitive integrity I am not going to tell you what it is, other than the fact that it is NOT ultimate victory (though that would be schweeeeet). I will be honest with you after the fact and tell you what the goal was, and whether or not I met same.

Funny little tidbit: Just got off the phone with Herself. She doesn't as a rule like idle chitchat over the phone (I think it makes her penis chafe). One especially funny thing she does is, when the conversation is over, she will quite abruptly make with an "OK, bye" and hang up, thus:

Me: OK, well, have a good weekend, kiddo.
Jo: (nothing, because she already fucking hung up)

So anyway, tonight I was determined to stretch the conversation as long as I could, just to make her squirm in her chair with discomfort a little bit. So I wind up with this long speech about how important it is, anthropologically speaking, to maintain good conversational etiquette and let a conversation die a dignified death, when the fucking battery to my fucking phone dies. Curses! Foiled again. I couldn't call her back for a few minutes because I was laughing too hard. I dunno, at least I thought it was funny.

3 comments:

  1. Glad your goal isn't victory, cuz you'd have no chance of achieving THAT. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Good one.

    Strangely enough, I derived joy when hearing of your attempts to torture her ...

    ReplyDelete